January 3, 2010

Day 2

After the success of cleaning out our own garage, we agreed to attempt to pay my mother back for afor everything she does by cleaning out her garage the next day.  My dad was out of town hunting, so it was a race against time to get the true junk thrown out or given away before he could come home to reclaim it.  Holy crap - my parents are packrats!  I'll admit that a lot of the stuff they'd been packing away was mine.  The passing of time and the accumulation of crap help me to let go and get rid of things like the "Barbie graveyard" - a trunk of naked Barbie dolls stacked 20 across and 3 deep.  I hope that they feel a little lighter now that we have removed some of that burden from their space. 

After a long day of working, we rinsed off the dirt and hopped in the car to make a surprise trip to Ryan's parents' house in The Woodlands. 


 

No comments: